Al Karama Hospital in Baghdad, Iraq
This project was managed by Architects Co-Partnership (ACP, http://www.acparchitects.co.uk/index.html), a leading British firm of architects that was founded in 1939 and had developed into an international practice during the 1970s Arab oil boom. The firm operated from Northaw House, a Georgian mansion set in 10 acres close to central London. Peter Kabaila was in the team of six people that was responsible for architectural documentation of the whole exterior envelope, personally designing and drawing the pre-cast external cladding system, exposed service pods and ancillary buildings. This award winning building included emergency facilities in case of war. It survived the Gulf War and the subsequent US invasion of Iraq.